The best way to avoid a San Diego motorcycle accident is simple: Motorcyclists need to make sure that they are visible to car and truck drivers.
There are several easy ways to do that. They are:
- First of all, remember that San Diego drivers tend to have a difficult time spotting motorcyclists and reacting in time. Therefore, making sure that your headlight works and is on day and nights is imperative to staying visible.
- In order to be even more visible, increase the reflection of light and use reflective decal strips on your clothing and motorcycle.
- Make sure to be aware of blind spots that cars and trucks have and try not to stay in those blind spots for a long period of time.
- When braking, flash your brake lights a few times to catch a driver’s attention and make it a point to let them know that you are slowing down.
- Last but not least, if a San Diego driver does not see you, don’t be afraid to use your horn.
All of these safety precautions are easy to reach and will keep you much safer on our San Diego roads. For more useful information for motorcyclists, visit the Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s library.
If you or anyone you know has ever been injured on a San Diego motorcycle accident, please contact your San Diego motorcycle lawyer and the other San Diego personal injury attorneys.Follow us!