San Diego residents suffering from food poisoning due to salmonella in their peanut butter products appear to be the victim of a Texas processing plant that went unlicensed and uninspected for years.
The Plainview, Texas plant for Peanut Corporation of America was never inspected until it came under investigation by the FDA.
Inspectors have not found any trace of salmonella at the plant but have determined that the plant had been operating without a license and without inspection for years.
Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence. The company’s sister plant in Blakely, Georgia revealed roaches, mold, and numerous positive tests for salmonella.
We hope that federal and state health inspectors do their job now that this outbreak has spread nationwide and shut these plants and Peanut Corporation of America down. If you have been exposed to salmonella food poisoning, please immediately go see a doctor and receive urgent health care. Our office is available at any time after you’ve received health care. Please contact us and speak to a lawyer about your food poisoning injury.